Monday, May 23, 2016

ain't got no title



This doesn't have a title

He said, “I can be your dream,
but it will only last tonight.
Remember when you fall asleep,
I’m gone at crowing light.”
I said, “You may think it’s me
you flee with cosmic rays.
But I am more than solar flares, believe,
I am the light of day.”

He told me, “If I take you there,
don’t hope for it to last.
I’m only good for what you see,
and my heart’s made of glass.”
I told him, “I am blower’s friend.
I’ll shatter upside-down,
the heart you hold inside your chest,
while wearing Maple crown.”

He whispered, “I will press your keys,
the white ones and the black.
The song won’t hold much levity, &
I will hold it back.”
I whispered, “I am not the keys,
I'm the entire thing.
I’m notes, I’m bars, I’m staff, I’m clef,
I’m spaces in between.”

He said, “Now I will play the roles,
of whoever you desire,
to get the wants that I would have,
yes I will be the liar."
I told him, “All the parts you play?
Seductive, I confess.
But the truth I am, the tales you spin?
Unparalled, at best."

He growled, “When this is over,
because for certain it shall be,
I’ll leave you in a wake of tears,
and you’ll be on your knees.”
I responded, with an eyebrow raised,
“I loathe to drop this bomb, but
in the end they all crawl back,
and curl up in my palm.”

CAS // 5.23.2016









No comments:

Post a Comment