Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The FELT HEART



The FELT HEART

On this mountain, I fashion arrows from my rowan, and watch as flowers run white, and fruit bleeds red. Here I am, without a stone, at the bottom of the mountain. I lost my bow somewhere along the iridescent stream, while I followed it in tandem, until I arrived at your spring. I might wade in your pool, and lose all humility, like so much flotsam, in the shipwreck of me.
                I would rest in your cove, allow myself to be cradled by your felten walls, but while I dream, I breathe fire in my sleep. What arcane memories of a cooler time might tempt me to risk it? However tempted I may be, I cannot; flame to your heart, it would mean.
                On this path that leads to an immortal realm, be unctuous with your instruction. I can aim for the stag who defies my way, (a tortured buffalo stance), but the marrow in my motions is torpid at best. Instead I will feast until a moribund place relieves me of my living (relieves me of my change).
                The diaphanous, silky cloth of your robes, would do better on the dirt of this trampled road. And I come here from the mountain, and I have faced un-obsequious things, to stand before you now, to offer me on repeat.
                These hands? They are clay, and stationed for the remains: of your felten heart, your ripened heart. Mine, and mine always.

CAS 11/23/15 06.23Pm

No comments:

Post a Comment